David Murphy proposes to Carolina Eastwood on “Survivor: Redemption Island” Finale
For the second time in its 22 seasons, “Survivor” has an on-air marriage proposal to celebrate.
California defense attorney David Murphy, who was ousted midway through “Survivor: Redemption Island” to become the first member of the jury, proposed to Carolina Eastwood, a veteran of “Survivor: Tocantins,” at Sunday’s live reunion show in New York.
Murphy told host Jeff Probst that he and Eastwood met right after filming of the current season wrapped up and the two have been dating ever since.
With some pointed prompting from Probst, Murphy leaped from the stage, went into the audience, where Eastwood was sitting, knelt in the aisle, popped out a ring box and proposed.
A surprised Eastwood did much sobbing and screaming before she finally responded: “Shut the flippin’ front door … yes, yes, oh my God, yes.”
Interestingly, the first on-air proposal came during the live reunion show for “All-Stars,” when “Boston” Rob Mariano, who won this season’s game, proposed to “All-Stars” winner Amber Brkich. They married the next year and now have two daughters.
Leave a comment
- VAL CORRALLED — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 2
- NADA FOR NADIYA — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 1
- Former MLB Player, Amazing Race Alums Featured in Survivor: San Juan del Sur – Blood vs. Water Cast
- GOOD COP, BEST COP — Tony Vlachos wins Survivor: Cagayan – Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty
- CBS previews Survivor: San Juan Del Sur — Blood vs. Water