David Murphy proposes to Carolina Eastwood on “Survivor: Redemption Island” Finale
For the second time in its 22 seasons, “Survivor” has an on-air marriage proposal to celebrate.
California defense attorney David Murphy, who was ousted midway through “Survivor: Redemption Island” to become the first member of the jury, proposed to Carolina Eastwood, a veteran of “Survivor: Tocantins,” at Sunday’s live reunion show in New York.
Murphy told host Jeff Probst that he and Eastwood met right after filming of the current season wrapped up and the two have been dating ever since.
With some pointed prompting from Probst, Murphy leaped from the stage, went into the audience, where Eastwood was sitting, knelt in the aisle, popped out a ring box and proposed.
A surprised Eastwood did much sobbing and screaming before she finally responded: “Shut the flippin’ front door … yes, yes, oh my God, yes.”
Interestingly, the first on-air proposal came during the live reunion show for “All-Stars,” when “Boston” Rob Mariano, who won this season’s game, proposed to “All-Stars” winner Amber Brkich. They married the next year and now have two daughters.
Leave a comment
- Unofficial Guide to Ranking the Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Final Five
- JON LONG GONE — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 13
- Unofficial Survivor Guide’s Survivor: San Juan Del Sur – Blood vs. Water Week 12 Power Rankings
- REED FREED; ALEC KICKED — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episodes 11 & 12
- Unofficial Survivor Guide’s Survivor: San Juan Del Sur – Blood vs. Water Week 10 Power Rankings