Unofficial Guide to Survivor: Philippines Episode 3 — “This Isn’t A We Game”
Here’s everything you need to know about what happened in Survivor: Philippines Episode 3 — “This Isn’t A We Game” – who won the challenges, who was voted of, who played well, and who is on the outs. Feel free to add your notes, thoughts, and questions.
Aired October 3, 2012, covering night 6 through night 8
Immunity/Reward Challenge winners: First – Kalabaw (large fishing kit) and Second – Tandang (smaller fishing kit)
Eliminated: Angie – “I can’t” is pretty much a death wish in this game, and her scrambling was pretty pathetic. She brought nothing to the table and had nothing to offer to help this tribe win challenges, and it didn’t look like she had any strategic value in a merge because after seeing her whimpering to Malcolm after the challenge it was obvious she had no strategic game.
Doing It Right:
Denise – She’s tuned in at camp, she’s discreet, she absolutely killed in the challenge…Denise is the lone bright spot an on awful tribe.
Jonathan – Smart move to confide in Jeff that he had the idol and try to disperse some of the intense distrust of him in this tribe…
Jeff – …Smart move to not fully trust Jonathan.
Abi – We’ve seen people blindly follow others like RC was trying to get Abi to do, but kudos to Abi for doing her own thing and finding the Hidden Immunity Idol
Doing It Wrong:
Russell – now, after you’ve voted Roxy out, you’re realizing the danger of a two person alliance in a 4-person tribe that you aren’t part of? He won’t last two seconds into a merge and he commands zero respect. His tribe is clearly working around him and in spite of him, and if they can’t shoulder the burden he’s a dead man walking.
Mike – he’s just trying too hard and in the wrong way. The injuries were cute for a while but they (or his behavior causing them) are becoming a problem. He clearly offended Artis and is on the outs within his own alliance, who’d rather keep Lisa even after berating her lack of involvement.
- Carter, Katie, Sarah
Friends & Foes:
- RC vs. Abi – It looks like RC is really trying to make their alliance work and Abi is doing everything she can to counteract that.
- Lisa & Pete – Lisa is just too naive to be playing in this game, and not seeing her question Pete’s motivation in aligning with her raises some questions about her worth in this game.
- Jonathan & Jeff – Jeff may not fully be in this quite yet, but it looks from the preview for next week that he comes around and makes this pairing of two capable, intense players one that looks great on paper.
Episode Summaries & Commentaries:
- Wikipedia (link coming soon)
- Full episode video on CBS.com (link coming soon)
What are your thoughts on this episode? Share them in the comments below!