Unofficial Guide to Survivor: Philippines Episode 4 — “Create a Little Chaos”
Here’s everything you need to know about what happened in Survivor: Philippines Episode 4 — “Create a Little Chaos” – who won the challenges, who was voted of, who played well, and who is on the outs. Feel free to add your notes, thoughts, and questions.
Aired October 10, 2012, covering day 9 through night 10
Immunity/Reward Challenge winners: First - Tandang (steak, veggies, spices, & cooking utensils) and Second – Kalabaw (veggies, spices, cooking pot, but trades for a tarp)
Eliminated: Russell - Empty rah-rahisms don’t mean anything and don’t inspire anyone. Malcom is right – the guy didn’t have a clue what was going on, constantly overestimated his value and abilities, and doesn’t have a leadership bone in his body. Considering what a mediocre player he was the first time around, it’s baffling as to why he was brought back instead of more interesting players like Colton.
Doing It Right:
Pete - Gotta love sneaky moves like Pete planting the Hidden Immunity Idol clue in RC’s bag. It would just be nice if he would stop talking in cliches and sound bytes.
Denise – We know we’ve been praising her game all season even though she’s on arguably the worst tribe we’ve ever seen in this game, but the way she played Malcolm off Russell and, presumably, figured out that he didn’t have the Hidden Immunity Idol. Her background in therapy is throwing a very interesting variable into this game.
Doing It Wrong:
RC - RC lost what she thought was her #1 ally and what does she do? Does she fight back and cut her down? Does she form a new alliance and work to get the tribe against Abi? No – she sulks like she lost her friend instead of her ally.
Carter – It was smart to move away from the girls and align with Jeff and Jonathan, but what happened in that challenge? You see younger, physically fit guys in this game and you automatically assume they are strong challenge performers, but Carter looked like a clown out there.
- Mike, Katie (are we sure that Katie is a real person and not a cardboard cutout or something?)
Friends & Foes:
- Abi vs. RC - The rift grows larger, helped along by Pete. Right now it looks like Abi has the upper hand, but if she doesn’t tone it down she’s going to start getting under her tribe’s skin.
- Jonathan & Jeff – This is a cool matchup that makes sense. The only problem is that even though they seem to be trying to keep it under wraps, they’ve already tipped their hand and a counter to their alliance is forming.
Episode Summaries & Commentaries:
What are your thoughts on this episode? Share them in the comments below!
Leave a comment
- Former MLB Player, Amazing Race Alums Featured in Survivor: San Juan del Sur – Blood vs. Water Cast
- GOOD COP, BEST COP — Tony Vlachos wins Survivor: Cagayan – Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty
- CBS previews Survivor: San Juan Del Sur — Blood vs. Water
- Unofficial Guide to Ranking the Survivor: Cagayan Final Four
- TRISH TRASHED — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: Cagayan Episode 12