Unofficial Guide to Survivor: Philippines Episode 5 — “Got My Swag Back”
Here’s everything you need to know about what happened in Survivor: Philippines Episode 5 — “Got My Swag Back” – who won the challenges, who was voted of, who played well, and who is on the outs. Feel free to add your notes, thoughts, and questions.
Aired October 17, 2012, covering day 10 through night 13
Reward Challenge winner: Tandang (coffee, tea, & biscuits)
Immunity Challenge winner: Tandang
Evacuated: Dana - Hopefully you can appreciate the poetry in a medical evacuation in a season where 3 previous medical evacuees get a second chance.
Eliminated: Dawson – Dawson is gone because she’s not smart. There’s no way she should have accepted even being considered for a vote after Katie became the game’s biggest goat, and to not use her knowledge of Jeff’s past against him to position herself into a better position is as bad as not using an Immunity Idol.
Doing It Right:
Malcolm – Great turnaround for Malcolm. He finds the Hidden Immunity Idol, gets a new tribe, wins the challenge for his tribe, and they love him.
Denise - It’s a new start for Denise and even though she went back to Tribal Council she made a great impression on her tribe. She also made a smart move to jump into Jeff’s alliance regardless of the terms, and given what we’ve seen with her ability to get along with people, it might not be long before she is a majority partner in that alliance.
Mike - Great move against Jonathan in the Reward Challenge to knock his statue down. Other than that…with his unknown alliance now a person stronger, Mike is in worse shape than he was last week.
Jeff – He might have been frickin’ fuuuuuumed, but he’s got to be breathing a sigh of relief with Dawson gone.
Doing It Wrong:
Katie - Dana’s medical issues look to be a death blow for Katie. She put all her eggs in one basket with the girls alliance with no wiggle room whatsoever. She’s in the minority and looks like the figurehead of that minority, which is likely to make her target as soon as one is needed. Her poor Immunity Challenge performance didn’t do her any favors either.
- Carter - He looked like he nodded his head once or twice.
Friends & Foes:
- Malcolm & Pete - We hope that Malcolm is too smart to just fall all in to Pete’s alliance, and his withholding of his Hidden Immunity Idol information is an indication that he is.
- Matsing tribe is dissolved. Malcolm joins Tandang, Denise joins Kalabaw.
Episode Summaries & Commentaries:
What are your thoughts on this episode? Share them in the comments below!
Leave a comment
- KELLEY QUELLED — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 5
- DREW ASKEW — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 4
- JOHN ROCKER STRIKES OUT — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 3
- VAL CORRALLED — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 2
- NADA FOR NADIYA — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 1