Unofficial Guide to Survivor: Philippines Episode 6 — “Down and Dirty”
Here’s everything you need to know about what happened in Survivor: Philippines Episode 6 — “Down and Dirty” – who won the challenges, who was voted of, who played well, and who is on the outs. Feel free to add your notes, thoughts, and questions.
Aired October 24, 2012, covering night 13 through night 16
Reward Challenge winner: Kalabaw (full meal with sandwiches, soups, & brownies and surprise letters from home)
Immunity Challenge winner: Tandang
Eliminated: Katie – For all of the drama that this blindside was played up for, this was one of the most obvious votes this game has seen in a while. There was no reason to vote Jonathan out at this point – later, yes, but take advantage of his knowledge and his imperviousness to hunger and other problems in this game now and get rid of weak teammates who will drag you down while it still makes a difference. Katie was worthless in challenges and, as an outsider to the majority alliance, a flight risk at the merge.
Doing It Right:
Jonathan – Hopefully the fishing strategy pays off, but even if all they got was the letters from home the deal would have been worth it. Add in a huge meal and, as Artis pointed out, Penner is looking pretty smart. He needs to be a little more aware, but his perseverance also makes him valuable around camp. he’s tireless and is going to keep working, even while the others are languishing, sitting around camp to hungry to move.
Doing It Wrong:
Mike – He eats all the food, he shoulders the blame for every bad thing that happens, and his tribe basically hates him. It’s a pretty stark contrast to the dominating player we saw in Australia. The only thing keeping him in this game is the ineptitude of the other tribes, and you can’t help but think he won’t last long after the merge.
Abi – Her alliance seems to be in control but she’s such a loose cannon and can’t seem to get along with anyone not named Pete. On top of that, she has no value whatsoever when it comes to challenges. She is doing nothing to add value to her tribe and once her usefulness as a number is over she’ll be taking that walk back to Loser’s Lodge.
Carter – “Katie or Penner”? Really, Carter? Are you trying to give away what little game you have? He’s a follower and now that he’s whining about being hungry he’s becoming annoying. Him bowing out of the Immunity Challenge should have made him just as big of a target as Katie as far as challenge liabilities go.
Friends & Foes:
- Mike vs. Abi & Artis – Even though Pete agreed to the deal along with Mike, Mike being the sort of leader that he is (and already on the outs for eating too much rice) means he takes the blame for their precarious rice situation.
- Kalabaw gives up their remaining rice in exchange for Tandang allowing Kalabaw to win. Kalabaw finds letters from home during reward meal.
- No footage shown from day 14.
Episode Summaries & Commentaries:
What are your thoughts on this episode? Share them in the comments below!
1 Comment + Add Comment
Leave a comment
- Unofficial Survivor Guide’s Survivor: San Juan Del Sur – Blood vs. Water Week 9 Power Rankings
- JEREMY TO THE JURY — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 9
- Unofficial Survivor Guide’s Survivor: San Juan Del Sur – Blood vs. Water Week 8 Power Rankings
- JOSH SQUASHED; DUDES SCREWED? — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 8
- Unofficial Survivor Guide’s Survivor: San Juan Del Sur – Blood vs. Water Week 7 Power Rankings