Unofficial Guide to Survivor: Philippines Episode 8 — “Dead Man Walking”
Here’s everything you need to know about what happened in Survivor: Philippines Episode 8 — “Dead Man Walking” – who won the challenges, who was voted of, who played well, and who is on the outs. Feel free to add your notes, thoughts, and questions.
Aired November 7, 2012, covering night 18 through night 22
Reward Challenge winners: Malcolm, Denise, Lisa, Jeff, & Jonathan (cruise through the jungle with large meal)
Immunity Challenge winners: Jonathan
Eliminated: Jeff - We’re having a hard time recalling seeing scrambling, lying, and plan changing like we did before this episode’s Tribal Council. It’s kind of amazing. Then it extended into Tribal Council itself; people were forming alliances at Tribal Council in front of everybody. As for Jeff: he’s been misguided for the last few days and his lack of ability to get involved with forming a group to take control of this game is evidence of that. His downfall was turning his back on Jonathan, who was a strong and capable ally who was able to make up for Jeff’s social shortcomings. But because he had a bee in his bonnet about letting a previous player get further than him he threw it away and made himself an easy target.
Doing It Right:
Lisa – What’s this? Lisa has game? A plan? This is the same woman who was so depressed about not being included that she couldn’t even stand to be around her tribe? That’s the one. Whether you like her or not, it’s great to see someone get their game together and make moves against people who are coasting like they own the game.
Jonathan – Again, whether you like him or not it’s great to see someone who is not known as a dominator in challenges step up when he absolutely needs to the most and get it done. Jonathan is in a tight spot and he’s doing a good job making the most of it; the rest of the tribe doesn’t seem completely closed to his pleading.
Doing It Wrong:
Malcolm – It goes without saying that revealing the Hidden Immunity Idol now, at this point, has pretty much sucked the value out of it. His best bet may be to trade it for advancement in the game.
Abi – Malcolm’s Hidden Immunity Idol play was puzzling, but Abi’s was downright stupid.
Friends & Foes:
- Malcolm vs. Lisa – We didn’t get a great look into the fallout between Malcolm and Lisa for her revealing of his Idol (why didn’t he immediately call for her to be voted out after that?) but it has obviously caused a rift.
- Lisa and Michael – We mentioned before that Michael is a shell of the player he was in Australia, and Lisa is taking full advantage of that. We see from the previews for next week that she is considering flipping on Pete/Abi/Artis, but in alliance with them and Michael no one looks like a more likable winner than Lisa.
- Pete vs. Abi – Pete is finally getting sick of Abi’s paranoia and selfishness and claims to want to vote her out, but knows she makes a good opponent at a final Tribal Council. This looks like the crack in the armor that a couple people brought up tonight.
- Tribe name revealed as Dangrayne
Episode Summaries & Commentaries:
What are your thoughts on this episode? Share them in the comments below!
2 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
- SISTER ACT — Natalie Anderson wins Survivor: San Juan Del Sur – Blood vs. Water
- CBS previews Survivor: Worlds Apart – White Collar vs. Blue Collar vs. No Collar
- Unofficial Guide to Ranking the Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Final Five
- JON LONG GONE — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 13
- Unofficial Survivor Guide’s Survivor: San Juan Del Sur – Blood vs. Water Week 12 Power Rankings