Unofficial Guide to Survivor: Philippines Episode 10 — “Whiners Are Weiners”
Here’s everything you need to know about what happened in Survivor: Philippines Episode 10 — “Whiners Are Weiners” – who won the challenges, who was voted of, who played well, and who is on the outs. Feel free to add your notes, thoughts, and questions.
Aired November 21, 2012, covering night 25 through night 27
Reward Challenge winners: Carter, Malcolm, Pete, & Abi (spa day with barbecue)
Immunity Challenge winner: Carter
Eliminated: Pete - No, Pete, you agreed with Malcolm not to discuss strategy with Malcolm during the reward because there was nothing to discuss. Pete’s downfall was, of course, his inflexibility and his baffling devotion to Abi. As was pointed out, using Abi as an easy final 3 opponent wouldn’t be a bad move, but she wasn’t that kind of ally to Pete – he worked with her and then stood by as she systematically alienated everyone on the island and destroyed her alliance.
Doing It Right:
Malcolm – Pete and Michael are right – Malcolm is pretty much in control of this game, and he set up the most ideal alliance in Michael and Denise. He’s got his head screwed on straight and seems to get along well with everyone, which could help if his preferred alliance goes south.
Denise – Tribal Council could have turned sour in a major way for Denise as her frustration with Abi clearly grew greater, but she kept a level head and avoided becoming the bad guy. She probably wouldn’t get Abi’s vote in the final 3, but that was a given – she didn’t hurt her chances with anyone else (maybe mostly because everyone agreed with her about Abi anyway, but, still, the levelheadedness is demonstrative of how Denise has played the entire game).
Doing It Wrong:
Abi - Once again, we start off with Abi insulting Lisa. The girl just doesn’t get it; she has an arrogance about her that doesn’t allow her to treat people right. Her comments about the other alliance only being nice to her because they wanted her vote was especially rich; why isn’t the argument that she DOES trust her, DOES like her, and is SORRY for any misunderstanding?! And then, on top of that, she nearly cost her team reward by running out there and not even knowing how to play the game.
Michael – Skupin’s doofishness continues…it seems like when he’s not splitting himself open or bumping his head, he’s costing his team a reward.
Friends & Foes:
- Denise, Jonathan, & Michael - Denise confided in Michael that she is thinking the two of them with Jonathan for final 3 and Michael seemed cool on the idea, preferring to push for a final 6 where everyone plays their own game after eliminating all of their enemies.
- Malcolm, Denise, Michael, & Lisa – This final four scenario was Malcolm’s pitch, but Lisa told Michael she would rather work with Jonathan. That doesn’t seem to be the plan at the moment, but given that Denise doesn’t seem to be 100% on board with Malcolm since she approached Jonathan about aligning with her and Michael – and given that that Jonathan is a free agent and Michael doesn’t completely trust Malcolm, this apparent alliance is anything but solid.
- Michael, Lisa, Jonathan, & Carter – Jonathan’s reluctance to commit to this alliance might have damaged his game, but given Michael’s discomfort with Malcolm’s power in this game it’s not completely dead.
- The episode title came from a quote by Denise during a confessional, talking about Abi.
Episode Summaries & Commentaries:
What are your thoughts on this episode? Share them in the comments below!
Leave a comment
- BRICE ICED — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: Cagayan Episode 2
- GENIUS HAS ITS LIMITS — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: Cagayan Episode 1
- MLB Executive, NBA All-Star Featured in Survivor: Cagayan – Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty Cast
- THIRD TIME’S A CHARM — Tyson Apostol wins Survivor: Blood Vs. Water
- CBS previews Survivor: Cagayan — Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty