Unofficial Guide to Survivor: Philippines Episode 11 — “Hell Hath Frozen Over”
Here’s everything you need to know about what happened in Survivor: Philippines Episode 11 — “Hell Hath Frozen Over” – who won the challenges, who was voted of, who played well, and who is on the outs. Feel free to add your notes, thoughts, and questions.
Aired November 28, 2012, covering day 28 through night 30
Reward Challenge winners: Survivor auction/no winner
Immunity Challenge winner: Abi-Maria
Eliminated: Jonathan - It’s no secret that Jonathan’s fatal move was actually not moving and joining forces with Lisa when he had the chance. Obviously it’s not the best strategy to play the game by the seat of your pants. Assume nothing, seize opportunities, and plan for everything – Jonathan did none of those things.
Doing It Right:
Malcolm - Malcolm might have scored a couple jury votes by comforting Abi at the tree mail retrieval.
Carter – And Carter might have scored some jury votes with his trade of the baked potato for beans and rice for the tribe and, even though he didn’t do it purposely, the veal shanks snack at the end of the auction.
Doing It Wrong:
Abi - Winning Immunity when she needed it most would usually qualify as Doing It Right, but no…cry as she might, Abi did become a different person and a different player after last week’s Tribal Council. Sadly, as evidenced by her exchange with Penner after the auction, it didn’t keep and she reverted at the first chance she felt she was able to. Her Hidden Immunity Idol ruse was as ambitious as it was sad and transparent. And most importantly, she didn’t really do anything to change her position in the game. She’s still just as disliked and next on the chopping block.
Lisa – There are some players who grow as people exponentially in this game and display a personal strength that no one could have expected. But Lisa is not one of those people. You can’t hate her because she’s so nice and tries so hard, but it’s hard to root for a player who displays no confidence and looks like she stumbles into a winning position every week.
Friends & Foes:
- Abi & Carter - With Penner gone, all they have left is each other.
- Lisa vs. Denise & Malcolm – Lisa’s wishy-washiness is clearly grating on Malcolm, as evidenced at Tribal Council.
- Abi’s Survivor Auction purchase allowed her to move to the final round of the Immunity Challenge, skipping 2 rounds.
Episode Summaries & Commentaries:
What are your thoughts on this episode? Share them in the comments below!
Leave a comment
- KATIE DID IN — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: Blood Vs. Water Episode 12
- VYTAS VETOED, CALEB CROSSED — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: Blood Vs. Water Episode 11
- LAURA LOPPED — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: Blood Vs. Water Episode 10
- TINA TOSSED, VYTAS OUT — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: Blood Vs. Water Episode 9
- BLEAK GREEKS — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: Blood Vs. Water Episode 8