Unofficial Guide to Survivor: Caramoan Episode 6 — “Operation Thunder Dome”
Here’s everything you need to know about what happened in Survivor: Caramoan Episode 6 — “Operation Thunder Dome – who won the challenges, who was voted of, who played well, and who is on the outs. Feel free to add your notes, thoughts, and questions.
Aired March 20, 2013, covering day 13 through night 16
Reward Challenge winners: None
Immunity Challenge winners: Gota
Eliminated: Matt – He listened to Phillip’s secret agent stuff and kept his mouth shut, which was everything he could have possibly done to preserve his position in the game. But his mistake might have been that he didn’t sell his lack of a Hidden Immunity Idol hard enough, and didn’t make his alliance with Michael transparent enough that the majority Favorites could trust them.
Doing It Right:
- Andrea – Andrea did a great job gathering information from Sherri and keeping with the plan, and seemed to strengthen her bond with Malcolm.
- Malcolm – He is still well-liked and trusted and playing a low-key game
Doing It Wrong:
- Phillip – As Corinne and Dawn expressed, Phillip made a major boneheaded move by approaching Julia with what basically amounted to an ultimatum. The guy just can’t turn off the secret agent schtick.
- Julia – Did Julia give up on this game when the tribes switched? It looks like she made zero effort to get to know her new tribe mates and she barely made a peep strategy-wise. Whether she realizes it or not, Julia might very well have checked out.
- A tribe switch created new tribes. New Bikal (purple) tribe: Corinne, Phillip, Michael, Matt, Cochran, Dawn, & Julia. New Gota (orange) tribe: Eddie, Reynold, Andrea, Malcolm, Sherri, Erik, & Brenda.
Other Episode Coverage:
PROBST: I have been very surprised and impressed with Phillip. He’s easy to make fun of because he lives a very “big” life in the way he carries himself. But for all the jokes, he did learn a lot from the time he played with Boston Rob and is doing his best to keep his alliance immune from betrayal. I do agree that the rest of his tribe is letting him THINK he is in charge and I think that plays to Phillip’s advantage because the longer he is in the game the more likely he is to be taken to the end. To win this game you must get to the end.
While I am trying to keep this comparison strictly in terms of how it affects actual gameplay, captain of the Cool Kids Table Eddie is going to predictably take it one step further: “We are the young, good-looking tribe. It’s awesome!” I’m sorry, does Eddie even know what game he is playing? I have not heard one single word of strategy from him all game. All I have heard is how he likes hanging out with cool and hot people. Dude, I have bad news for you: This is not Bachelor Pad. And now I have even worse news for you: Bachelor Pad just got cancelled! So now you don’t even have a fall-back plan. And if you don’t have a reality television fall-back plan, then none of the cool kids are going to want to hang out with you.
The Fans celebrate not actually having to go to a tribal council. You know you’re a struggling tribe when a forfeit makes you want to pop the champagne cork … well, if they had such things. In a confessional I don’t quite understand, Reynold moans about how he is on the outs of his tribe and must do whatever it takes to survive. He got his way by taking out Laura, and to me, it appeared he had a nice little alliance with the other men. He also has an Idol. Sorry Reynold, not ready to cheer you on as an underdog quite yet.
What are your thoughts on this episode? Share them in the comments below!
Leave a comment
- LESS WES — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 10
- Unofficial Survivor Guide’s Survivor: San Juan Del Sur – Blood vs. Water Week 9 Power Rankings
- JEREMY TO THE JURY — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 9
- Unofficial Survivor Guide’s Survivor: San Juan Del Sur – Blood vs. Water Week 8 Power Rankings
- JOSH SQUASHED; DUDES SCREWED? — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 8