Utahn to test his wits on ‘Survivor’
“…The thing with ‘Survivor,’ ” Apostol told The Salt Lake Tribune , “is the people who are really strong in just one aspect of the game are not the ones who are successful. You need a well-rounded individual.”
Apostol considers himself that. Born in Provo and raised mostly in Lindon, the Orem High School graduate was a professional cyclist for about six years in Europe before returning to Utah to live in Heber. He also was on Brigham Young University’s swim team before he dropped out of school to race bicycles.
He credits his two-year LDS mission in the Philippines for helping him adapt to places far from home, including that country’s extreme heat.
“I didn’t have a hard time adjusting as a 19-year-old boy. It’s never been a problem for me,” he said about his church mission. “Every time you step out of your comfort zone, learning how to deal with it definitely helps in the game of ‘Survivor.’ ”
via Utahn to test his wits on ‘Survivor’ (Salt Lake Tribune)
Leave a comment
- DREW ASKEW — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 4
- JOHN ROCKER STRIKES OUT — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 3
- VAL CORRALLED — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 2
- NADA FOR NADIYA — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 1
- Former MLB Player, Amazing Race Alums Featured in Survivor: San Juan del Sur – Blood vs. Water Cast