Nicaragua rumored location for seasons 21 & 22, Philippines for seasons 23 & 24
realityblurred is reporting that Survivor 21 and 22 may be filmed back-to-back in Nicaragua, with seasons 23 and 24 taking place in Caramoan in the Philippines.
For production this summer, the show may go to Nicaragua, according to online chatter. That traces back to a Television Without Pity post, which cited its writers’ parents conversation with a crew member while on vacation. That’s obviously a flimsy source, though the geography in Nicaragua—which is now tourist-friendly, unlike in the 1980s—makes it seem probable, as does its camera-friendly environment. And after two back-to-back island locations, I’d also expect that the show will move to an inland, non-island location for the next two seasons, and then back to islands again.
There’s more concrete reporting about the filming location that would be used for the seasons filmed in 2011, which is Caramoan, in the the Camarines Sur province of the Philippines. The Philippine Daily Inquirer reported that “A top executive of the provincial government, who asked not to be named because negotiation was still ongoing, revealed that ‘Survivor USA’ would also be filmed here next year until 2012. Its production crew searched many areas in the Philippines and found Caramoan the most ideal place for filming because of its unique geographical features and available facilities that meet production standards.”
7 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
- DALE NAILED — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 6
- KELLEY QUELLED — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 5
- DREW ASKEW — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 4
- JOHN ROCKER STRIKES OUT — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 3
- VAL CORRALLED — The Unofficial Guide to Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Episode 2